Email: alexashton at gmail.com
I'm a software support analyst and a student. I'm learning to design and code responsive, user-friendly websites and apps. I have an extensive background in Technical Support, Customer/Client Relationships, Project Management, Systems Administration and Management.
Arizona State University
Major: Technical Communications-User Experience
Minor: Applied Business Data Analytics
Graduation: May 2020 (expected)
Windows & Mac OS, terminal, Confluence, HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Sketch, Balsamiq, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, WordPress, Windows Server administration, Office 365 administration, Tableau, Jira, ZenDesk.
Platform Stability Associate
Optoro, Washington, DC 2017-Present
- As part of a DevOps team, assist client, 3PL and internal users with bugs and operational requests in use of a SaaS reverse logistics product.
- Work directly with product developers and DevOps to ensure completion of fixes and requests within SLA time.
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot and report on SaaS platform for issues with client facing app workers and databases using various tools such as Grafana, Kafka, Honeybadger, Tableau and Jira.
Craft Beer Journeyman
Various, Northern Virginia 2016-2017
- Performed various roles in the Northern Virginia craft beer industry, including sales & marketing, brand representation and tap room operations.
- Breweries included Old Bust Head, Heritage, Brew Republic Bierwerks and BadWolf.
eXtensia Technologies, Sterling, VA 2016
- Successfully completed a contract to provide documentation for a new product developed for HID Global.
- Authored XML based end user manual using Microsoft Word and Help & Manual 7 for print and for integration into corporate website.
- Set up API portal for product website using Slate.
Global IT Field Support Manager
Liquidity Services, Washington, DC 2013-2016
- Managed team of IT Field Support Technicians located in the United States, England and The Phillipines.
- Managed $2 million in hardware assets located at company and remote sites worldwide.
- Primary system administrator for Office 365, RSA VPN and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains.
IT Support Manager
L3 Communications/Unisys, Washington, DC 2006-2013
- Managed 12 technicians contracted to provide desktop support to the Executive Office of the President.
- Managed projects and served on Technical Review Board.
URS (now AECOM), King George, VA 2003-2006
- Tier 1-3 support for 300 users located in King George, VA, Lexington Park, MD and Dayton, OH.
- Supported all hardware and infrastructure from computers to printers, servers, VTC systems and network and phone infrastructure.
- Volunteer Experience
- Martha's Table: 2018-Present
- Food & Friends: 2018-Present
- Anacostia Watershed Society: 2012-Present
- IVHQ Argentina: 2016
- Homes for Our Troops: 2012
- Web design, graphic design (promotional posters for print, web and social media), travel, cooking, live music, hockey, soccer.
- Available upon request.
Codepen this resume template